Tuesday 13 December 2011

Still Inspired

Still feeling inspired.

I have just received a lovely parcel of heat reactive fabrics from nidnoi. I was feeling all inspired last week, went to the cupboard, got out what i thought was heat reactive fabric and it wasn't. When i zapped it with the heat gun it just went brown and smelled like a singed dog.

But now I have some new stuff. I seem to be fixed on decay! Cheerful eh?

Last time I did this I embroidered a lad of stuff on what i thought was kunun felt, went to hear it to distress it and it just burned. No melting happened. So I had 2m of unmelted embroidered trim to re stitch. My own fault really, i should have tested it beforehand.

I am hoping that over Christmas i get some time to be creative. At the moment I just feel exhausted having spent the weekend at the Cologne Christmas Markets. But with a few good nights sleep I should be fine. I do have some nice ideas I want to try out. I just have so much going on at the moment.

Coz I also play in a local wind band. Christmas is a very busy time for the band. We have carols outside the supermarket, the christmas concert, the christmas party etc etc. I think i am going to need the Christmas holiday to recover.

Lx

1 comment:

  1. seem to have received loads of your posts , will just comment on this one.Have great fun with the heat fabric, I bought a piece from Empress Mills but have not used it yet.
    Wonder how you have got on with it, maybe some photos would be a good idea and you might inspire me to get mine out. Have you got Kim`s book she is the lady behind nidnoi? lots of good stuff in it.

    ReplyDelete