Tuesday 22 February 2011

Still trying

Well, I am still trying. My craft room is almost useable again. But it is still the family dumping ground. No matter what i say or do, short of putting a lock on the door, no one seems to think it unfair to put anything in it that doesn't have a home. So I have boxes and bags of STUFF.

But I am regaining my domain. I am kicking out anything that does not belong and it is staring to take effect. I am sure that less and less is finding its way back in.

Now I just need to find my spark and just do it.

It is coming back. I am starting to have ideas for projects. My art journalling is sort of happening although not being helped by hubby looking at my 1st sketch and asking "why are you drawing a man with a dog?" It was just something that appealed to me.

I still have an agreed deadline to submit a few pieces to a local exhibition. They are designed I just need to work out how they will be done. But there are so many distractions. Hubby in the lounge, the computer next door, this, that. I can procrastinate with the best of them.

But I will be strong. My life is settling down in other areas so I should have more time for myself soon. No need to make curtains, paint walls or clean furniture. The builders have gone, the decorators will finish this week. Next week it will just be me and hubby and I intend to use the time to get back into things.

But I do need to sort out the light in my craft room as well. It has a small window and a poor bulb. So i think I am going to have to invest in some better lighting. Maybe some strip lighting or something. Anything bright and clean. It is a bit like a cave at the moment.

Come on Woman, do it!

Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment