Thursday 17 February 2011

A new direction

Well, as well as rediscovering my studio I have agreed to put a few pieces into a local exhibition this year (aarrgh!)

I have also decided to do something I have fancied doing for a while - create an art journal.

it is quite daunting as I have no confidence in my ability to journal or draw. I see all these beautiful journals that people have created and I think mine will just be a poor relation.

I don't know why I am concerned, this is for me, no one else. But i look at the beautiful book (and I have plenty of them) and I freeze. I am going away for a weekend soon and i want to use it to kick start my journal.

The problem I have is i look at the blank page and it sends my mind blank. If i start to write i just end up putting garbage down (in my mind anyway).

But I will try this time. I have a nice pen, graphite sticks and waterbrushes as i intend the 1st ones to be black and white only.

I will also carry a glue stick so i can attach anything that inspires.

I have downloaded some suggested page prompts and I may give some of them a go.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment